- Similar Tours
- Bottle of Mineral Water
- Entrance Fees
- Lunch at a fine local Restaurant
- Private Air-conditioning Vehicle
- Private Professional Tour Guide
- Extra Meals
- Meals, unless expressly states
- Personal expenses
- Services not specifically stated in the itinerary
- Tips to guide and driver
- See the library of Alexandria and the statues of Alexander and Ptolemy keeping watch outside
- Wander around the markets in the old city center where you’re sure to find a treasure or two
- Walk along the corniche of Maamourah and take in the spectacular views
- Admire the Abbo Elabbas Mosque, the most beautiful mosque in the city
- Stop for unique photo opportunities.
- Step back in time as you explore the history of Alexandria on a day trip from Cairo. Hop aboard an air-conditioned car or van and visit top sights like the Church of St. Mark, the Abbo Elabbas Mosque, a gold market, and Quaitbay castle.
Start your day trip to Alexandria with pick-up from your accommodation in a comfortable vehicle. The first stop on this full-day tour will be a visit to the Library of Alexandria (depending on the day), the biggest library in the world. Now housing 8 million books, you can visit its open court to see the statues of Alexander the Great and Ptolemy the First keeping watch over the library. The car will then whisk you off to the Church of St. Mark, the oldest church in Africa. Then, continue on to the old downtown of Alexandria where you can walk through traditional markets where everything and anything is sold.
Admire the downtown’s Baroque designs and Italian- and French-style properties. If you choose, have lunch in a famous restaurant called “Mohamed Ahmed’s” – the Queen of Spain has eaten here! Take a break in a coffee shop or shisha café before continuing on with your tour. Continue your Alexandria adventure in the afternoon with a packed itinerary of sights. See the city’s oldest market area which contains both the women’s markets and the most spectacular gold market where everyone buys their wedding jewelry.
See the prettiest and largest mosque in the city, the Abbo Elabbas Mosque, and the ancient fun-fair located just outside of it where children still play. The opposite is the corniche and old harbor where you can see fishing boats and traditional fishers making nets.
From here, walk 5 minutes to see Quaitbay Castle. Admire the Memorial of the Unknown Soldier and marvel at the beautiful coastline on the way to Mamoura Beach Resort, located east of Montaza’s royal gardens. Walk along the corniche of Maamourah.
All of these will make for excellent photo opportunities, so don’t forget your camera. Finally, cross over the modern Bridge of Stanley before traveling in comfort back to your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transfer by air-conditioned vehicle
- Live tour guide
- Entrance fees
- Entrance to the Alexandria Library’s reading area
- Personal Extras
- Tipping, and Gratuities